Please view all of our pets for adoption!
You must be 21 or older to adopt and have your ID present.
Puppies less than 12 months $120 & Adult Dogs 1 year and older $99
ALL Kittens & Cats $50
We run specials (including seniors & long-term animals) all the time; please ask our staff.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must live in a residence that allows pets.
- The pet you have chosen must fit within any weight and requirements your landlord or community may have, including breed restrictions. (Remember, puppies get bigger!)
- If you already own animals, they must be up to date on their core vaccines, including but not limited to rabies and other current preventions.
- Although Marion County doesn’t have a law limiting the number of pets allowed in a home, HSMC will not adopt out more than two domestic animals at one time and will not adopt to a household that already owns seven or more domestic pets.
- You must provide a current driver’s license or state-issued identification.
- You cannot currently be in violation of the animal control ordinance, and you cannot have had any serious animal control ordinance violations in the past.
- If you are currently enrolled or have been participating in our Happy Paws food program for the past six months, you would not be eligible for adoption.
- If you are currently enrolled in our community service program (and haven’t completed all hours), you would not be eligible for adoption.